Sunday 16 August 2009

Okey dokey

right then, first off an update on the job search, after my first job interview on Tuesday I received a call from the recruitment agent to say that the company loved me passionately and would like me back for a second interview on Thursday, and that basically he thinks they are going to offer me the job. Wow, this raises several dilemmas, I have had several positive responses from other companies, including agricultural banking for a major (and fortunately solvent) high street name. Is it good to take the first offer? should I ask for 10k more and demand a page three stunner as a personal PA? obviously I will need a expenses account on a par with a Labour MP or the gross national product of a small developing nation, but then that goes without saying.

I have had a busy day today, completing a haymaking job for a horsey client in the village, rather embarrassingly and quite unlike me I was reminded on completion that I forgot to bill them the previous year for making there hay, and that they would appreciate it greatly if I would forget to bill them again this year! No wonder I have to get a job! Mrs G will never get her indoor pool and sauna complex if I forget to bill people! its makes me think what else I have forgotten!

I then wrote some notes for a after dinner speech I have to make on Tuesday night to the Agricultural Valuers Association's AGM. These guys are professional farm consultants who help people do the tedious paperwork on farms and consult on farm developments. I am supposed to go and tell them about developing farm diversification's. which is kind of like taking coal to Newcastle or teaching sex education to Essex girls. I am working on some cracking jokes, most of which so far are completely unsuitable, mostly involving essex girls, but very funny in my head. which is where they should stay. Forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment