Wednesday 24 June 2009

hungover again

I had a great night last night. I had two Nuffield scholars pop over for drinkys and 'sophisticated, serious talk' if you can believe that! those of you that know me will appreciatte the problems that I have when dealing with serious situations, however I have learnt that when in the presence of superior intellects just nod with a slightly quizzical look (its a fine line between quizzical and dumb) bearing in mind that i spend most of my time with superior intellects (ducks) i am quite good at it.

I spent an hour on the phone with my water supplier this morning. the water meter into the farm developed a leak at some point in the past six months and even after they accepted responsibility and fixed the meter they still billed me a 2000% increase on my normal bill! what can you say. actually i said quite a lot, mostly unrepeatable.

The front room looks stunning now that the new floor has been laid. it is 'antique oak' and has been done very professionally, so obviously not by me. Although Mrs G was shocked to find that they had left three Stanley knife blades on the floor which was a lawsuit waiting to happen. Which raises the question, what level of injury would you be happy to sustain in order to receive a large compensation payout? personally i would be happy to loose some toes for £20k, especially if they where Mrs G's. What do toes do anyway? she would fit in her pointy shoes better so she probably would appreciate it anyway in the long run.

After days of confusion Mrs G had to explain to me that the comment on Mondays blog that referred to Mrs DM was actually Mrs Duckman. why did i not see that? i think it is my age catching up with me, now that i have turned thirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment