Wednesday 10 June 2009

£400/hr!!!!!!

you have to feel sorry for solicitors don't you? i had one in my front room today, plus two land agents (total cost about £400/hr - ouch) as he walked in i asked him how the soliciting trade was coping in the current economic climate, to which he replied 'you make me sound like a prostitute, i prefer to call it the legal trade.' Fair enough i thought, but you still screw people for a living!

He was complained that due to the credit crunch they where down to a four day working week, he was not cheered up by my pointing out that his hourly rate was almost the same as a minimum wage workers weekly income! my heart had stopped bleeding for him as his Bentley pulled out of my driveway two hours and £500 richer later. (on principle i did not offer him the ginger crunch biscuits, he should bring his own)

After filling in my highly qualified and overpaid companions on my financial disasters this past year it was decided that the business fared best while i was travelling abroad and not spending money on the farm, so it was decided as a cost cutting exercise, and to help the farm deal with the credit crunch that i will spend the next six months in Hawaii. i expect whoops of joy from the staff, not to mention the wife! (no please don't)

tomorrow i am helping man the Nuffield stand at the 'Cereals' show near Cambridge. if my farming reader is going come and say hello! i am the plump one.

As this is the Duckman Diarys i should mention the ducks occasionally. They are now 6 days old and doing well. six and a half weeks to pay day.

welcome to my three new followers!! who are you? please introduce yourselves by leaving a comment. if you are a hottie i might even reply!

No comments:

Post a Comment